Music and sports can make our life more enjoyable. Research findings show that the music is a great motivational tool to increase our performance when we involve in some activities like running or exercising in the Gym. They ensure the maximum stability and the entertainment during your workout. However, finding the best sports headset can be tough, below analysis will certainly help you to select the best headphones for running. It is true that we all have our personal preferences. Try to find your preference from below items.
Ultimate Sport Headphones Guide
Types of Sports Headphone
We use different types of headphones. Mainly, they can divide into four types. They are circumaural, ear buds, supra-aural, and in-ear monitors. Any type of headphone cannot be worn when involving in athletic activities like running. You must choose specially designed models.
- Circumaural headphones come over the ear and completely surround the ear. Generally, those headphones are large and heavy. Hence, it is difficult to wear them while running and not suitable as running headphones.
- Ear buds generally come with players like iPod. You cannot run with such headphones because they easily fall out. The sound quality is also poor in such headphones.
- Supra-aural is a comfortable model which is suitable for running headphones. They have soft pads that go over the ears. However, they can slip when you exercise. Pads can be soaked with sweat. But there are some suitable models for running.
- In-ear monitors also known as IEMs are specially designed for this purpose. They are similar to ear buds, but secured with bands or clips which place behind-the-neck or over-the-ear.
Therefore, these headphones will not fall out when you are running. They are durable and provide quality sounds.
Consider these when finding the best headphones for running
You must consider several factors when selecting a pair of running headphones.
- Hearing and safety listening is vital. Therefore, consider these things when selecting running headphones. The hearing safety is very important when selecting headphones. Loud music that exceeds 85 decibels can make hearing losses because it is the maximum safe level of our ears. Therefore, select headphones which are built with hearing safely.
- Headphones that lower the sensory awareness are not suitable. There are some headphones that cut outside sounds completely. They are not good because you cannot hear any incoming vehicle or an angry dog that runs after you.
- Hence, avoid buying cupped style headphones. Headphones that do not fit with your head and ears make you uncomfortable. Your sweat can damage them. Such headphones also make injuries and pains. Therefore, select a headset that exactly fits your head and ears.
- If you use your headphones frequently, make sure to buy hard and high quality pair. Generally, quality pair will be expensive. Such instances, you may have to consider your budget as well.
Reviews of the top 5 headphones for running
All the headphones mentioned above are quality and provide excellent sounds. However, there are few types of headphones which lead the way. Here we are going to describe some top 5 headphones with more detailed descriptions. See whether your desired headphone is there.
These headphones provide very best audio all the time. They isolate outside noises and provide rich and dynamic sounds with deep bass. They are durable, sweat proof and UV protected. Hence, Monster iSport Intensity In-Ear Headphones are ideal for daily use and for aggressive workouts like biking, snowboarding and running. They are comfortable to wear and have a great stability. These headphones are also washable and can clean easily. This headset is ideal for any type of MP3 players and Smartphones. It contains 1.5 meter long cable with on-cable control. Its weight is only 65g.
CLICK HERE to read customer reviews of Monster iSport Intensity In-Ear Headphones.
Its slide-to fit holding mechanism ensures total comfort and secure fit during the workout. Their water and sweat proof design enhances the durability. Sennheiser CX 685 Adidas Sports In-Ear Headphones provide natural sounds with noise isolation. You will receive different sizes of earpieces with the product and can wear the best fit eartips for maximum comfort and quality sounds. This headset contains a Para-aramid reinforced cable. It ensures a great strength and reliability. They have an excellent connectivity with most of the audio devices. These headsets are compatible with any type of MP3 players, iPod, iPad, iPhone or mobile phones.
Read more customer reviews of Sennheiser CX 685 Adidas Sports In-Ear Headphones.
Its vertical and in-the-ear design provides excellent sounds. Its soft loop hangers securely and comfortably fit with the ears. You can involve in any workout because you do not need to worry about any unexpected Earbud drop out. Sony MDR-AS20J Active Style Headphones with Soft Loop Hangers are lightweight products. It consists with 3.9 feet long cable. Its detachable clip helps to keep the cable out of the ways during your workout. These headsets are inexpensive devices. But they provide excellent sounds with comfortable wear. They total weight of the device is only 12 grams.
Click here to visit more customer reviews of Sony MDR-AS20J Active Style Headphones with Soft Loop Hangers.
These headphones provide a wide-range of sounds. It does not isolate outside noise completely to ensure the safety of the wearer when running outside. These headphones are quite expensive. But its durability and the unmatched quality provide you a great entertainment during your entire workout. These headphones are sweat and water proof. It also contains a Reebok “fitness” armband for wearing your portable music device. You can also keep your headphones there when you are not using it. Its inline remote and microphone allows you to control music tracks without touching the device and take phone calls. Its cable is 0.5m long and the device weight is 18 grams.
Visit customer reviews through Bose SIE2i Sport Headphones Reviews.
The overall sound quality is excellent and it provides enhanced bass with energetic sound. It perfectly fits with the ear because of its over-the-ear design and you can greatly focus on the activity you are involved. Its sweat resistance design makes it one of the best headphones for running, weight lifting and basketball. You can also wear it under a helmet. In-ear design isolates the noise perfectly. It is available in different colors and will receive 6 different sets of eartips. Use the best fit eartips for quality sound and comfortable wear.
MEElectronics M6-BK-MEE is durable and ideal for everyday use. The ergonomic and tangle resistance cable is 4 feet long.
Read customer reviews of MEElectronics M6-BK-MEE Sport Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones with Memory Wire to learn more about the product.
Select your desired headphones for running
You can use above details and decide what type of headphones exactly match with your needs, budget and the activities you involve. However, there are many new headphones for running designed and introduced by various manufacturers. Hence, above comparison table need to be updated time to time with new gadgets. If we have missed any great running headphones, please let us know.